The Food Sanitation Program is designed to prevent the transmission of disease by food products and ensuring food safety through proper handling of food and compliance with local and state regulations.
- Issues licenses for food service facilities
- Conducts investigations of food service facilities
- Provides educational services to food service workers
- Investigates food borne illness complaints
- Reviews plans for new and remodeled food service facilities
- Food safety guidance to non-profit organizations and temporary events
License for a food establishment shall be for a term of one year, and expiring December 31 of the calendar year.